May 5, 2007

History In Action Toys

Drumbeats came to us from Kyra Hicks about a young inventor who is creating African American action figures.

Sterling Ashby is an inventor who gave up his corporate career as both an engineer and lawyer to follow his entrepreneurial dreams when he researched and created History In Action Toys. He wants children to see themselves reflected in the faces of our toys and have fun imagining the infinite opportunities life holds. By creating toys based on real-life American heroes, his goal is to inspire children to dream their own superhero adventures. After all, toys should be fun but Bro. Ashby believes they can even be inspiring.
Click here and here to see interviews of Sterling Ashby.

Villagers, Benjamin Banneker, Bessie Coleman and Matthew Henson are the first three toys to hit the market. I encourage you to consider a unique and different gift idea this year. Make sure that you tell him you learned about his company from the Electronic Village!

Who do you want to see immortalized with an action figure?

10 comments:

Woozie said...

The O.J. Simpson Double Murder Action Figure-complete with undersized glove, knife, and authentic die-cast replica* of a white Ford Bronco, authorized by the Ford Motor Company! (Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman figures sold separately)

The figure, made in China, may contain lead-to allow the former football great to get away with murder again!

Unknown said...

Woozie - Not surprisingly, someone already created a OJ Simpson Action Figure. (smile)

Mo said...

Assata...Sonia...and Cornel (it'd be interesting to see how the hair comes out)

Unknown said...

M.Kam - Three inspiring choices! I'm still hopeful that we can entice the inventor of these History In Action toys to visit with us here in the Electronic Village! It would be great to hear what other historic figures are already in the works...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring my toys. I am honored. A few other interesting "figures" are in the works but they're under wraps for now just so you'll be kept in suspense. LOL. I'll visit your blog more often. I hope some others might consider making a suggestion or two.

I've just started a blog too, http://toysandhistoryinaction.blogspot.com, so we're practically just in the same neighborhood. I'll add you to my blogroll.

Unknown said...

Sterling - Welcome to the Electronic Village. We believe in the principle of UJAAMA, so I'm sure that you will get some sales as a result of your jaunt through The AfroSpear! I plan to purchase one of the action toys for each of my three children.

Black Women in Europe said...

Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, Phyliss Wheatley...I could go on...Josephone Baker, Leotine Price...and I can't think of her name, but the first sister to go to space with NASA...

Unknown said...

Adrianne - Methinks you are referring to Dr. Mae Jemison. I had pleasure to attend one of her speeches ... she is da bomb! I'm going to purchase the Bessie Coleman action figure for my daughters ... I would probably purchase Mae Jemison action figure for myself! (smile)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea,Sterling! Now, with the holidays coming, where can we find a list of museums or stores whicho carry the dolls, especially Bessie Coleman.

Anonymous said...

They can be purchased through the website, but I'll try to post in the next couple of days some of the museums and stores where they can be purchased.