May 15, 2008

New AfroSpear Member: Ms. Lady Deborah

I would like to introduce all villagers to a sister-blogger that I met through The AfroSpear. Ms. Lady Deborah is the owner of From My Brown Eyed View (BBR #422). She often shares her village voice on our blog. As such, I'm glad that she is my colleague on The AfroSpear.

Anyhow, she shared some insights on her motivation for joining The AfroSpear:


"I think that the purpose of The AfroSpear is to provide Black people with a voice on the Internet. We can and should speak many different languages from out of that voice. It should reflect our culture, heritage, politics and social concerns. It is a tool that can be used to seek out wisdom or to speak out against injustice. I also view The AfroSpear as our contribution to the technology community. I discovered the world of Black blogs and information through doing research and I have been hooked ever since. I believe that I will joining others to help create an ongoing system of progress. I have learned a lot by just reading AfroSpear bloggers and visiting their sites. I want to use my time, talent and energy to help forward the Black presence in cyberspace as well as in real time."


I encourage villagers to check her blog out. In fact, you can see the full AfroSpear blogroll over in the left-hand sidebar. Let me know if you see any of your favorites over there.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Lady Deborah! and Welcome!

BTW - I love the village movie that you have posted in the left hand side bar! WooHoo, I vote that combination any day!
Peace & Love!

SjP said...

Congrats and much love Ms Lady Deborah! You know I love the view from your blog! SjP

rawdawgbuffalo said...

dito regina, mld deserves it

rawdawgbuffalo

Unknown said...

Regina - I'm very glad that John Edwards made his endorsement. I understand that he is on the phone with uncommitted super-delegates trying to get Obama over the top. However, I'm not certain that I'm looking for Edwards as VP candidate. I think he would be a great Attorney General...

msladyDeborah said...

Wow!

I had no idea you had posted this!

Thank you.

I have learned so much from the members of Afro Spear already.

When I jumped up and purchased my first personal computer last summer, I didn't have any clue that my purchase would lead me where it has.

I didn't know that there was a black force on the internet. When I discovered it~I wanted to be a part of it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the encouragement.

Unknown said...

Lady D - Just keep doing what you do sista! We enjoy the flow over on your blog and your growing influence in the afrosphere is well-deserved...

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversay to Lady D!