November 7, 2008

Old School Friday: Right Now (We Need One Another)

On the heels of this year's epic general election, four of the biggest voices in country, pop, and gospel music are reaching across the aisle and coming together for an unprecedented single aimed at fostering unity across partisan, social, ethnic, and economic divides, setting a tone of harmony and togetherness for the new presidency and the country's immediate future.

GRAMMY®-winning, multi-platinum-selling recording artists BeBe & CeCe Winans along with country superstars Vince Gill and Wynonna Judd came together and recorded the soaring ballad, "Right Now" (We Need One Another) an empowering song they debuted today live in a special post-election episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show.



In a climate where there has been much to say about the state of our nation as it pertains to its economy, its citizens' ability to find and keep jobs, its ability to provide affordable healthcare for all, and mounting tensions abroad, "Right Now" (We Need One Another) is a song that takes the half-full approach to the country's plight: by focusing on the common ground and shared values that make us a great nation, it promotes a vision of hope for years to come.

I encourage villagers to share this song with others at this critical moment in our nation's history.

9 comments:

SjP said...

Yes! Yes! I heard this Wednesday and just started crying all over again.

Unknown said...

Sojourner - It is a remarkable song and it is nice to see folks from different music genres coming together to sing it for us...

Marvalus said...

This was amazing...I got the chance to see this on Oprah's show and cried like a baby...it carries a beautiful message!

Revvy Rev said...

I wonder if we can ever acknowledge that we do indeed need each other - right now? We cannot stay at each others' throats much longer without irrevocable harm.

Cooper said...

I'm never home in time to watch her but that is a great song. i 'm glad you pointed it out to me or I might have missed it.

Unknown said...

Ms. Marvalus & Cooper - Oddly enough I don't think that I've seen more than 30-45 minutes of the Oprah show in my life. However, I must admit that I feel differently about her since you endorsed Obama so strongly back in the primaries. Anyhow, I'm glad to have seen this song via the Internet and glad to share it with y'all...

Revvy Rev - We can do what we can do via our blogs. Hopefully, our nation will become more united on issues where we have common ground...

Unknown said...

Awesome song! Very significant right now. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tha Connoisseur said...

Yes, I did happen to catch this when it was debuted. Great choice and such a great message!

Unknown said...

Regina & The Connoisseur - It amazes me how many sisters find time to watch Oprah (smile)...