July 22, 2013

Unique Building * Hang Nga Guesthouse or Crazy House (Vietnam)

I've never traveled to another continent. I'm not proud of it ... it just turned out that way. If I were to travel to Vietnam ... it is likely I would find my way to the city of Da Lat. Folks say that Da Lat is a very romantic city with mountains and pleasant weather.

One of the sights to see in Da Lat is the Hang Nga Guesthouse and Gallery ... or 'Crazy House' as it is known by the Vietnamese.


The base of the house is an actual tree. Apparently, the architect is a woman (Hang Nga) whose father (Truong Chinh) used to be president of Viet Nam. The house is unique with its 'Jungle Book' theme. For example, many of the steps are designed to look like tree stumps. There are also several rooms (like the one in the photo below) with animal themes.

I wonder if either of the Obama daughters will grow up to be architects?

2 comments:

msladyDeborah said...

This is pretty cool. It should be featured on Extreme Houses on the Home and Garden Channel.

Unknown said...

Big influx of visitors to this blog post today. Won't any of you leave a comment before you go?