September 22, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: I Can Do Bad All By Myself

I usually tell folks that I'm not a big Tyler Perry fan. However, I watched a Tyler Perry production over the past weekend with my oldest daughter. It is the 3rd time that I've seen a Tyler Perry production ... and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed each one. The current movie, 'I Can Do Bad All By Myself' brought me to tears on a couple of different occassions. I guess that I will officially change my tune today ... I'm a Tyler Perry fan now!

Have you seen this flick yet?








Womanist Musings created a weekly meme today called Tune In Tuesday. She noted that our blogs often deal with serious issues and it might be nice to lighten the atmosphere every once in awhile. Music has the ability to trigger happy memories and much of our lives are marked by song. To that end each Tuesday this blog intends to offer a song and tell you about what it triggers for me and in return you are welcome to share any memories that you have associated with it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea but for the last few months I've reserved Tuesdays for good news about black people.

Sadly, good news is not something that seems to spark much interest in the blogosphere.

Unknown said...

Symphony - I'll see if I can join you in sharing more good news messages. I 'spose that the Happy Birthday and OURstory posts are about as close as I get most of the time...

Did you see this Tyler Perry flick?

Anonymous said...

Nope I have not seen this movie but I've heard a few good reviews. I'm not really a go to the movies type. I like watching at home.

When you get a chance head over to my blog and look at the latest Good News Tuesday entry. Its pretty nice.

Anonymous said...

Villager,

I'm afraid I have to part company with you on Tyler Perry. I feel pretty much the same about Perry s I do about Oprah; I highly respect their business acumen and achievements, but I simply cannot get into what they do. Don't want to get into tearing the brother down, but his movies do just leave me cold.

Unknown said...

Symphony - I will head over to see your Tuesday meme today.

Keith - I feel ya'. I never watched any of his plays or the original slew of 'Madea' movies. I guess I wasn't much interested in seeing a Black man in drag shown as a role model. Also, I worried about agressive chuch messaging. I broke my cherry by watching his movie, "Why Did I Get Married" which I thought was on point (being a formerly married guy) and didn't have Perry playing the "Madea" character. Anyhow, I appreciate your point of view.